Monday, May 08, 2006

Acerra


Just got back from a weekend in Acerra. The purpose of my quick trip was to arrange for the visit later this month of by brother Sal and his son (also Sal) and my father's sister Rose. I have spoken over the phone with the family and have sent e-mails, but I have long known that with Italians, and with Neapolitans in particular, it is necessary to meet face-to-face to arrange these kinds of visits.

The weekend was quiet, for the most part, and I many spent time with Zia Olga. I also saw my cousin Salvatore Boenzi and his family. There are now only three people named Boenzi who are left in Acerra. Olga, who is 86; Salvatore, who will soon be 43; Alberto, who is 10-months old. This means that in two weeks we will doublt the number of Boenzis in Acerra!

No comments: