These last few days have been busy, but I think the two Sals are enjoying themselves in different ways. They've got some father-son time together too, which is nice. Today we went to see the Vatican Museums. We were standing in line for 45 minutes and then spent over 3 hours roaming through the artifacts until we reached the Sistine Chapel. It was exhausting, but both told me that they enjoyed seeing so much. We had a quick lunch in a trattoria behind the Vatican, did some souvenir hunting, and then got back to the UPS at 3:00 pm. An early day, all and all.
This blog began when in Rome in September 2005 for a research sabbatical. At the end of that academic year I returned to Berkeley but not for long. I now commute between Italy and California, teaching theology on two faculties. Contrary to popular belief, Rome is not so institutional, and Berkeley is not so radical. I blog impressions and reflections as I alternate living on the northside of the Eternal City and the northside of Cal … and perhaps on the outskirts of history.
Class blogs from Rome and Berkeley
Friday, May 26, 2006
Lots of Walking: Lines and Tourists
These last few days have been busy, but I think the two Sals are enjoying themselves in different ways. They've got some father-son time together too, which is nice. Today we went to see the Vatican Museums. We were standing in line for 45 minutes and then spent over 3 hours roaming through the artifacts until we reached the Sistine Chapel. It was exhausting, but both told me that they enjoyed seeing so much. We had a quick lunch in a trattoria behind the Vatican, did some souvenir hunting, and then got back to the UPS at 3:00 pm. An early day, all and all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment