
It is hard to believe how busy the last three days have been since my Aunt Rose's arrival. We haven't really done a lot of things, but I have spent the days with her and so my usual routine is on hold. Happily my students are working on their papers and do not need input from me.
A serious question is my aunt's health. Yesterday we were in Assisi, and she enjoyed the trip thoroughly. She told me that in her earlier trips she had never been able to visit the Catholic holy places. It was like a pilgrimage for her. However, there were some problems. As soon as we started walking she experienced a swelling in her legs and feet. Is there too much salt in the Italian diet? Of course there is!, but is this the reason for her problem? What will happen when the two Sals arrive tomorrow from Arizona? All our planned travel: will we be able to carry on with that?
Well, we'll play it by ear. Tomorrow I want to bring my Aunt Rose down to St Peter's Square for the Pope's "Regina Coeli" message at noon. I'll see how she manages the transit and the walking. Then, in the afternoon, I will go to Fiumicino on the train and meet my brother and his son at the airport. I hope this "Rome by Transit System" works out for them.
No comments:
Post a Comment