Ah, final exams… well, to avoid the stress of the exams, tonight the Don Rua community gathered to say goodbye. Some people are staying all month long to complete their accademic work, but others are leaving soon. This would be our opportunity to spend one last night together, all of us, before the departures get underway.
While many attended to their school chores, many others began to prepare the environment, decorating house and patio, arranging tables and chairs, doing last minute shopping: all for the celebration that would begin at dusk.
As the sun began to set, then, the community gathered on the terrace outside the backdoor of the house, and enjoyed, al fresco, a great barbeque, with music, some speeches, some recitations and magic tricks, and dancing too … and then more food and great conversations.
The spirit of the Don Rua community has been excellent all year, really, and this all came out in this end-of-term party … one that has been called "la festa di addio"… the farewell party, if you like. And I realize that I have grown attached to many of the men, young and old, in this community and that I am going to miss them. I have already hated the idea of saying goodbye…
No comments:
Post a Comment