Our annual retreat comes to an end today. Every morning has been dedicated to a conference and reflection time; every afternoon we visited the different places of the life of Francis de Sales, and had little explanations in the places. Five of my students are on this retreat, and so they know a lot of the details, but they are very happy to see the actual places. However I realize that the vast majority of the Salesians participating in this week have no idea about Francis de Sales. So, between the talks of Fr Morand Wirth and Fr Jozef Strus', I fill in some background for some of the Indians (like, what is the Introduction to the Devout Life, and what are the Calvinists). We are talking some very basic information, because they are really clueless about Francis de Sales (and pretty clueless about Don Bosco too, as I found out in the four short hours that we were in Valdocco). So, I've told them they should come and do the ISS course (yeah, as if!).
Well, I'll be back in Rome overnight: tomorrow I will leave for Slovenia for a week of conferences and such.
No comments:
Post a Comment