
These days have been busy. I spent Monday and Tuesday preparing for class… On Wednesday a group of students came to my office to speak to me about one thing or another, mainly looking for help figuring out their workload… and today I met Fr Luke Buckles from DSPT but who is now teaching at the Angelicum here in Rome. I brought him over to UPS. He was amazed and happy to see this different style of Rome than what he's used to. The Dominicans have their university in a facility built in the 1500s, within sight of the Presidential Palace (the Quirinale), the Roman Forum, the Jesuits' Gregorian University, the Altare della Patria, and all the major tourist sites. This was Luke's first time in a residential, working-class neighborhood. And he met a lot of the SDBs and a lot of students too. It was a good day…
One more day of school and then the Spring Break for Holy Week and Easter Week. I've been going down to the Vatican to the Archives, and hope that the school break will give me a chance to wrap up some research there (the process of beatification of Francis de Sales). Then it will be May… then it will be June…
No comments:
Post a Comment