
My thought had been to go to the Vatican today for the celebrations, but Fr Giuseppe Nicolussi asked me to preside at the Good Friday liturgy. The celebration was held in the "Gesù Maestro" community chapel. It was simple but complete. I think this was the second time that I have ever presided at Good Friday services. I also presided once at St Dominic Savio Parish when I was director of De Sales Hall, in my last year there (1990).
On the working front, today I completed the translation of all my Power Point presentations for the Francis de Sales course into Italian. Once that was done, I burned CD-Roms for all 21 students. The CD-roms contain copies of the 13 PowerPoint Presentations that I made during the semester, copies of their own Term Papers, a copy of the Group Discussions, which I had posted week-by-week on a blog for the class called "La Filotea e Noi", and finally some art work of Francis de Sales as culled from the sdb.org resource page.
With that, I've finished all my obligations to that batch of students. I just need to prepare two more classes for this semester's seminar on "Storytelling, John Bosco and Harry Potter". The big work is, of course, to complete my draft of my proposed book on "Francis de Sales: Story and Spirit".
Will I be able to do that? Not much time left.
No comments:
Post a Comment