Many thanks to you all for your condolences and prayers expressed at the time of Joe Lucey's death. They were very much appreciated. Joe's very sudden death, at such a young age, stunned us all. Though we knew Joe was doing great work with young people in all sorts of difficulty in inner city Dublin, it was only after his death that we realised the breath of his influence. The number of people he touched was truly remarkable. Joe was also Vice-Provincial and his death was a huge blow to the Irish Province, but God's ways are not ours and his death may paradoxically lead to new life. Again, many thanks for your support and solidarity.
With every best wish,
John Horan
This blog began when in Rome in September 2005 for a research sabbatical. At the end of that academic year I returned to Berkeley but not for long. I now commute between Italy and California, teaching theology on two faculties. Contrary to popular belief, Rome is not so institutional, and Berkeley is not so radical. I blog impressions and reflections as I alternate living on the northside of the Eternal City and the northside of Cal … and perhaps on the outskirts of history.
Class blogs from Rome and Berkeley
Wednesday, December 05, 2007
Death of Joe Lucey: Note from Salesian leadership in Ireland
Today I received an e-mail from Fr John Horan, the provincial superior of the Salesians in Ireland, in response to the condolences that I (and a host of others) sent at the death of Joe Lucey. I think it is well just to include it word for word here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment