Friday, March 09, 2007

Ready to fly

Here I am in the Red Carpet Club of United Airlines at San Francisco International. My flight to Rome via Frankfurt departs in about an 90 minutes, so I'm just going through the last stages of disorganization here and preparing for the long flight.

Of course, I'm wondering what I've forgotten. Do I have my other pair of glasses? Are the books I am bringing enough of the right stuff? How am I ever going to pull of this class in youth spirituality (not my material, is it?)???

Too late to worry about all this (but then don't I always tie myself up in knots worrying about details?). I've got three weeks in Rome now, during the month of March, and then another five weeks in May-June. This should give me enough time to carry out the teaching of a course in youth spirituality, at least according to the plan that has been on the books plan since September. We'll just have to see how it all works out. It is one thing to plan and quite another to put the plan into action.

Still, I propose to be truthful as I blog my next edition of Roma experiences. This is, after all, the bocca della verità!

No comments: