Saturday, March 10, 2007

Lay over

So here I am in Frankfurt… the layover between flights is almost five hours, but luckily I have been able to go into the Lufthansa lounge (with my United Airlines Red Carpet Club membership). Makes it nice.

European lounges are very different from American ones. They are bright, open, airy… There is a lot of interaction of people, as opposed to the American airline clubs that seem to be wood-paneled and dark, intimate, quiet. This lounge for Lufthansa reminds me of an internet cafe and lunch counter combined. Anyway, I am enjoying making use of it. The food is constant and good.

Of course, I have been up for how many hours now? My brain is feeling a bit fuzzy. I am anxious to get to Rome and to the UPS. At the same time, I'm nervous about how I'm going to get that course together. That is probably why I'm eager to get to the UPS. Once I see who is participating in the class, I'll be in a better position to see how to present the material (or at least I'll know what I'm worrying about).

No comments: