Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Salesian Scholars Seminar

Tomorrow, early, I depart for the Salesian Scholars Seminar in Stella-Niagara, and am looking forward to living between the 17th and 19th centuries for a few days.

As is the practice, each of the scholars has a paper to write and to present. The dates were set two years ago, and the theme was set 12 months ago… but as usual, it took me a long time to get my ideas in line with the theme (Images in Francis de Sales). I've been working on this during the last month, between all the other things I have going right now. Yesterday I finished the paper and sent it off to Joanne Kinney, the coordinator of the event. Joanne mailed it out electronically to all the other scholars today. And tomorrow night we begin.

Well, that's me again. I usually arrive, but always at the last minute. It used to get me into a lot of trouble when I was in college… but later I noticed that most people from Bellflower are basically this way. Still, it would have been easier on the nerves if I'd have finished the paper a month ago.

Today I've taught my class, met a couple of students in dialogue (mainly spiritual rather than academic), participated in the school mass at DSPT, lunched with Hector Cortes (another of my students), walked my 40 minutes, and now have to clean up my quarters before the big trip tomorrow. So why am I wasting time blogging all this???

No comments: