Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Quick trip to Bellflower



Left the house at 4:30 this morning to catch a flight from Oakland to LAX… then took the light rail metro train (Greenline) to Lakewood Station at the border of Downey and Bellflower… The Salesian Sisters were to meet me, but became confused on how to get to the metro station, so I walked the mile to St Dominic Savio Parish. Good thing I've been keeping in shape. It took me only ten minutes to walk the distance.

From 9.30 to 13.00 I taught three lessons in early Church History to a group of young adults from the Salesian Sisters and the Salesians who are discerning a religious vocation…

This is the second time I've gone to Bellflower on a Wednesday to do this, and I am alternating with Mary Greenan on this project. Today the class went very well, but the time was tight for me. Immediately after the class I asked two of the young women to give me a lift to the metro station, where I took the train to LAX for the return trip to Oakland via San Francisco. At 18.40 I was walking up the hill to Don Bosco Hall… and tomorrow it is back to the regular classes.

The young people appreciate the courses we are offering them, but this commute is going to be a killer, especially in view of all the other commitments I have locally. Oh well, it is just for a semester.

No comments: