Monday, October 30, 2006

Aldo and Arthur and the Publishers


Aldo Giraudo has been working with Arthur Lenti pretty non-stop since Saturday morning… well, that is after Thien Nguyen and I intervened on Arthur's IMac, which had gone on the blink. I was able to extract all of Arthur's files, which I saved and backed up, and then Thien reformatted the hard disk. The computer then began to merrily purr away, and we reloaded all his working documents.

That took up most of Saturday morning.

With the computer in shape again, Arthur and Aldo went to work. They ordered the outlay of the material; put system to the titles and subtitles; disposed of the graphics. Arthur is jubilant, and Aldo is convinced that the first four volumes of Arthur's work can go to print in the Spring of 2007. Thanks to Aldo, the funding is also in place: €20,000 from the Salesian Mission Procure in Torino. It is all very exciting.

This afternoon, while Arthur was correcting some student papers, I brought Aldo to see the GTU and particularly DSPT. He was very impressed. Now he has a better idea of our context, and will be able to speak up for us a little more assuredly, knowing our context and situation.

No comments: