After a 90 minute class on "Jansenism", I did the Catholic thing and had coffee and donuts in the school lobby with a few of the students. This is against my eating program, but one donut in three months is okay, I expect. The class in Jansenism went well -- there were a lot of questions today, and so my illusions of getting through the whole two-day lecture in one did not materialize. I remain one lecture behind my planned calendar, but I'm still two weeks ahead of where I normally am this point of the semester. I'm sure I'll have ways to make up the one lecture in the future.So, yesterday I was talking about Constantine and St Athanasius; today I was talking about Angélique and Antoine Arnauld and the Jansenists at Port Royal; tomorrow I'll be speaking about Francis de Sales. For that, I'll leave early in the morning to go to Minnesota for a presentation on Salesian pastoral and spiritual teachings…
Hmm, how will that go? Time to get prepared.
No comments:
Post a Comment