This blog began when in Rome in September 2005 for a research sabbatical. At the end of that academic year I returned to Berkeley but not for long. I now commute between Italy and California, teaching theology on two faculties. Contrary to popular belief, Rome is not so institutional, and Berkeley is not so radical. I blog impressions and reflections as I alternate living on the northside of the Eternal City and the northside of Cal … and perhaps on the outskirts of history.
Class blogs from Rome and Berkeley
Wednesday, January 04, 2006
Break from the rain
The rain has finally stopped -- or maybe a little. There is a bit of a sky at the horizon, though there are storm clouds overhead. A group of teenagers and university kids have just taken to the sports field on campus. After 20 days of heavy downpours, the chance to get out and play a game of football (soccer) must be wonderful for these "giovanissimi". In the distance, beyond the football pitch, I can see the snowcapped mountains, and the breeze is very cold, but thankly dry. And the sight of nature's beauty and the young at play gives this old researcher a boost as well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment