In between getting Italian text for my next class on Francis de Sales, I've been hunting facts on early editions of the "Spiritual Conferences" after receiving an e-mail from a collector of rare books over the weekend. This led me to talk with Aldo Giraudo, a scholar from Torino, who happens to have some rare books in his possession, including a 1669 edition of the "opere complete" of Francis de Sales published in Venice. He gave me some leads with regard to the early Salesians and their knowledge of the saint's writings, but also told me that the Salesians at the motherhouse have sealed off the original library so that it is impossible, at the present moment, to have any access. Just what we need: sealed archives!
But the leads are good, and I'll pick up on them after the semester ends and I've got some time. Meanwhile, my students started to hand in their work today. It is time to read and correct and enter grades!
No comments:
Post a Comment