33 are signed up for my course in "spiritualità giovanile" (youth spirituality) but over 40 showed up for the class. Whoa…
Instead, the seminar on storytelling has 6 signed up and only 4 arrived. We met yesterday afternoon and had a good discussion and ride through the opening points of the seminar.
So, the chronology is like this I arrived on Monday and started teaching on yesterday (5 hours) and will continue this morning (1 more hour)… So far so good -- but I have much to prepare. I have also met with Giorgio Zevini (the dean of the theology faculty) and Jesús Manuel Garcia (director of the institute of spiritual theology), as well as meeting don Francesco Cereda (director of formation) in passing from the library to the classroom yesterday. Some decisions have to be made this year as to whether the commuting continues or whether I join the UPS on a more permanent basis. The need seems to be greater here, if I am honest.
Of course, if we can get 1000 people to come to the ISS in Berkeley next year, I think I will be able to stay in California.
Instead, the seminar on storytelling has 6 signed up and only 4 arrived. We met yesterday afternoon and had a good discussion and ride through the opening points of the seminar.
So, the chronology is like this I arrived on Monday and started teaching on yesterday (5 hours) and will continue this morning (1 more hour)… So far so good -- but I have much to prepare. I have also met with Giorgio Zevini (the dean of the theology faculty) and Jesús Manuel Garcia (director of the institute of spiritual theology), as well as meeting don Francesco Cereda (director of formation) in passing from the library to the classroom yesterday. Some decisions have to be made this year as to whether the commuting continues or whether I join the UPS on a more permanent basis. The need seems to be greater here, if I am honest.
Of course, if we can get 1000 people to come to the ISS in Berkeley next year, I think I will be able to stay in California.
No comments:
Post a Comment