Left the Boenzi home this morning at 3.35. Was nice to spend the weekend with my mom again, but of course the two days went fast -- too fast. I have wanted to do this since I'll be away in Rome for three months… It has been over two months since I have been in Bellflower, but of course it seems more dramatic to go across the ocean. So this has been on my plans for travel ever since I knew I would be returning to Rome this autumn.
Made it to National Car Rental to return the vehicle by 4.10, and cleared security by 4.52… and then waited outside the Red Carpet Club at United Airlines for a few moments until it opened at 5.00. Breakfast in the club, a little television to see what Obama and McCain are up to… and then boarding at gate 75a for the flight to Washington.
The trip seemed to go quickly because I had a lot to read: the papers to be presented in the Scholars Seminar later this week. Arriving at Washington Dulles (IAD), I bought a salad at Wendy's, then waited for my flight to Buffalo. That departed from gate 22, and went without a hitch. Arrived at BUF at 6.00 - collected the luggage, waited for Sr Mary Grace MacCormack who arrived on a Southwest flight at 6.45… by 8.00 we were at the De Sales Resource center, courtesy of Bill Kinney who gave us a lift from the airport.
Was good to see everyone -- although the poor crowd started eating without us: pizza and Buffalo wings. But there was plenty for us, and it was fun to catch up with this little crowd of conference planners.
The week will include three events: the planning for the 2009 National Salesian Conference (Tuesday & Wednesday), the Fall Board Meeting of the DeSales Resources and Ministry Center (Thursday), and the Salesian Scholars Seminar (Thursday to Saturday). I leave for Rome on Sunday.
So a full week, but a change of occupation. That's really what I can use at this point.
No comments:
Post a Comment