Yesterday we said our goodbyes to Sal and Andrea and Little Landon Lee at 9:00 in the morning, and then mom and I went to Savio for Sunday Mass. I was asked to preach, which I did. This was an easy task in that the liturgy was of the Epiphany, and what else have we been thinking about all weekend???Met Mario and Diane after mass with Mom and Diane's mom Alice Armijo, and went to breakfast at Carrows.
During breakfast I caught up on the news about Mario and Diane's children: John starts a new job today; Angela has a promotion from Parks and Rec of Bellflower and is doing well in school, although she cannot give her time completely to this because of the need to care for her baby Luke; Teresa is three-units short of getting a qualification as a physician's assistant. So, with Carrow's usual amazing omelets, we had a quiet and happy visit.After all that, I brought Mom back home and then got back in the car and started the drive back up the Interstate 5 to Berkeley, getting back safely… that was last night.
This week there are a few things to do, like a retreat for teachers in Richmond, and meeting with students at DSPT. Onward we go into 2007.
No comments:
Post a Comment