Am at DSPT today, catching up on things. A few people are around, but it is rather peaceful too. A couple of my students will come in to go over their study plans and such. One of the students is working on his language requirements (Italian) while the other is working on his research readiness with an eye toward choosing a theme for his MA thesis. Both are first-year MA students and among the younger, lay students of DSPT. It is good to see them so ready for their theology studies.
More planning meetings this afternoon in Richmond for ongoing formation among the laity of the Salesian province. Tomorrow I make another trip to southern California for a formation weekend for parish leaders. That too is exciting. The requests for formative experiences becomes more intense with each passing year! I never thought I would be doing this sort of ongoing, adult education. No, I'm the kid who could not read aloud in class: how did I ever settle into education as a career??? It is amazing, really.
No comments:
Post a Comment