This blog began when in Rome in September 2005 for a research sabbatical. At the end of that academic year I returned to Berkeley but not for long. I now commute between Italy and California, teaching theology on two faculties. Contrary to popular belief, Rome is not so institutional, and Berkeley is not so radical. I blog impressions and reflections as I alternate living on the northside of the Eternal City and the northside of Cal … and perhaps on the outskirts of history.
Class blogs from Rome and Berkeley
Monday, January 15, 2007
Remembering involvements
Several years ago I had a lot of contact with the Cooperator units and other groups of the Salesian Family. In fact, from 2003 to 2005, I served as coordinator of the Salesian Family Groups in California. The experience was exhilarating, if truth be told. The upshot was that I learned much about the workings of many of the groups. This experience has helped me in my teaching at Berkeley, but also in these workshops such as SLIM, that we celebrated this weekend in Bellflower.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment