Saturday, January 13, 2007

SMS 2007

On Friday I flew down from the Bay Area to LAX again, this time to help facilitate a weekend of ongoing formation for adults from Salesian parishes and youth centers. The weekend (called SMS) began this morning and continues all day tomorrow and until early afternoon on Monday, 15 January. My task today was to be part of group discussions; tomorrow I'll give the main presentations of the morning and the early afternoon.

(Judy Alvarez and Al Vu animate a group discussion period of the afternoon program)

SMS is another acronym for our alphabet soup of programs out of Don Bosco Hall and the Youth Ministry folks of the province. It means "Salesian Ministry Seminar". We started SMS in 2005 but last year it did not get off the ground (or so I am told). This year we have 30 participants. Facilitating the weekend are Judy Alvarez, Mel Trinidad, Al Vu, Gael Sullivan and myself. I'll try to post more on this tomorrow.

No comments: