Tuesday, December 27, 2005

On the via Nomentana

This morning I had mass again with the Augustinian Sisters at their general headquarters on the Via Nomentana. It was the eleventh and last day of my substitution there as chaplain. It has only been 50 minutes every morning: Eucharist and a little homily for the Christmas Octave and then the feast -- sort of like a little morning retreat. What's amazing is that, in so short a time, we had become quite friendly. I hated to say goodbye, but their real chaplain returns this evening.

Well, it comes just in time. Once I returned from the convent, it started raining and it has been pouring all day. The forecast is for more and heavier rain in the rest of the week. I'll avoid all that and stay at the university. Besides, I have enough work to do in terms of my research…

Still, I'm going to miss the Sisters of St Augustine…

No comments: