
Time is passing quickly! It is nearly three months since I came to Rome, and I've been very busy with teaching the course on Francis de Sales. Now we are into the Christmas break (and I am so grateful). Hopefully I'll be able to catch up on some things and prepare notes for the last three weeks of instruction.
And today we are in the Octave before Christmas, with the "O Antiphons" and the special prayers. I love this part of Advent for the liturgy.
Many of the student priests have begun to leave for Christmas ministry in the parishes. Since I am staying here, I've been asked to substitute a Latin American confrere who is chaplain to the Augustinian Sisters near Piazza Sempione, on the Via Nomentana. I went there to the convent of the Madonna di Buon Consiglio this morning, early, and recognized the group. They are mainly Maltese Sisters, and I came to do some chaplaincy here in the summer of 1994, again substituting a Latin American confrere. I'll spend the week before Christmas and some days afterwards doing the morning liturgy there. It will be nice to be allied to a community, really.
No comments:
Post a Comment