Last night was the longest night of the year. When I left the university this morning at 6:00 to go to the Augustinian Sisters for mass, it seemed like the middle of the night. It was also the coldest day yet, for there was frost on everything, and some of the roads were iced over. When I finished mass and made my way back to the bus stop at 7:10, it was still dark. By the time the bus arrived at 7:15, there was a beautiful sunrise starting to break through. I watched the sky from the bus window as we traveled back to the UPS.
It never seemed to warm up all day, but the university communities are emptying out as the student priests go to parishes to help with the sacraments. There is a lot of excitement in the air: it is good to see their youthful enthusiasm.
No comments:
Post a Comment