Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Computer issues … again

When I tried to plug in my computer in the classroom this morning, so that I could show a powerpoint, there was no connection. I thought the electricity in the room was out. Then I noticed that the cord of the power-pack was damaged… slightly burned, really.

With a bit of care, I was able to get it to work. This was important, since the material that I was presenting in the Youth Spirituality course (TA2160: Spiritualità Giovanile) was all new. It is not contained in the classnotes that I had printed and distributed to the class at the start of the term.

Happily, my computer and I made it through the double class period. Still, it is very risky. I absolutely need to buy a new cable for the computer. It is the second time that this has happened with the cable while in Rome (the last time was in May 2007). I don't know if Macintosh is ready for the extreme conditions that electricity in Italy tends to exhibit. It means that I will need to make a trip to the Apple Store tomorrow. I cannot do it today, because I have another a triple class period this afternoon with those in my seminar on Salesian storytelling.

Classes? They are going well. I'll bring this all up-to-date soon, if my computer survives.

No comments: