This blog began when in Rome in September 2005 for a research sabbatical. At the end of that academic year I returned to Berkeley but not for long. I now commute between Italy and California, teaching theology on two faculties. Contrary to popular belief, Rome is not so institutional, and Berkeley is not so radical. I blog impressions and reflections as I alternate living on the northside of the Eternal City and the northside of Cal … and perhaps on the outskirts of history.
Class blogs from Rome and Berkeley
Monday, February 20, 2006
Slovak pride
Two Salesians from Slovakia arrived last week to begin a four-month course on Formation as part of an international group here. I've enjoyed visiting with them -- and they have been very happy because the Slovak hockey team has defeated Russia and the USA, and is doing well in the Olympics. They apologized to me after Team USA's defeat, but I told them that I normally root for Italy during the Olympics, and have not been following the American medals. It is great to see their excitement, and to hear how the Salesians have continued to grow in their country.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment