Saturday, December 09, 2006

Things calming down

The last two months have been particularly busy for me, and this is because I have been teaching on weekdays and traveling on weekends to do workshops and retreats and other presentations on Salesian themes… It has been challenging but very enjoyable too as I have had a chance to share with a lot of people -- mainly religious and young adults -- on the Salesian spirit and mentality. And I learn from all these encounters as well.

Naturally, it has meant that when I'm back in Berkeley I have to work doubly to catch up on all the normal commitments, from class preparation to laundry! Now finally the journeys are over and I think I can try to pull things together for the final week of the Fall Term at both the ISS and the DSPT.

On the horizon now are publications: Aldo writes that Arthur’s three-volume historical survey, Don Bosco Builder, has received an enthusiastic reception at Salesian headquarters, at the UPS, and at the University press (the LAS). Locally, Tom Prendiville and Ralph Murphy are in the final stages of editing the 14th volume of the Journal of Salesian Studies. I've got an article in this next issue, so I'm excited about this.

No comments: