Monday, December 18, 2006

Exam week over and O Antiphons sung

Exam week at GTU was slated to be 11-15 December… It is the week when all the students have to get their papers completed if they do not have written or oral examinations as requirements for the end of their courses. In some cases, professors require both. Many classes do not meet during that week. Since I have not been giving examinations but requiring a paper and a class presentation, I usually do hold class during the final week of the semester.

It seems to me that all the class presentations went well in Church History. The Francis de Sales course also went very well, as the participation of the students was greater than I had ever experienced while teaching at DSPT and ISS. It reminds me of the great participation that I experienced last year while teaching at the UPS. In fact, I used the same style of presentation this year as I did in Rome last year, and it seems to have worked very well. But more of that later.

This week I need to complete the correction of the research papers even as our community at Don Bosco Hall spends most of the time decorating and preparing for the holiday. I really haven't completed the Fall Semester work, however, and I've tried to make that understood at the house. Even so, I participated in the house meeting this morning at 9.00 before going over to DSPT at 10.00 and downloading the research papers that my Church History students sent to me over the weekend as e-mail attachments.

Now to work.

Meanwhile, the liturgy keeps moving us to think of the coming feast of Christmas. I presided at the Eucharist this morning and we sing the second «O Antiphon» at Evening Prayer tonight: O Adonai!

O sacred Lord of ancient Israel,
who showed yourself to Moses in the burning bush,
who gave him the holy law on Sinai mountain:
come, stretch out your mighty hand to set us free.

No comments: