Jesús Manuel Garcia has asked me to write a little synopsis of my experience for a bit of a blurb to present next week to the students. I put together a few lines, in Italian, where I note that after 11 years working full time in the Institute of Salesian Studies at Berkeley, and 6 years as a full-time professor at the Dominican School of Philosophy & Theology (Berkeley), the faculty of that school invited me to take advantage of the regulation and make a request to devote a year of sabbatical to research.
My objective: to refine studies that I have been trying to bring forward in recent years on the spirit of Francis de Sales. A second study that I began concerns the apostolic and spiritual meaning of Dominic Savio's living out of Don Bosco's motto "da mihi animas."
The fact that I will be teaching a course on St Francis de Sales for the faculty of theology here at the UPS will help me refine and develop the first theme on the Story and spirit of St Francis de Sales.
![]() |
| With my student Joseph Nguyen (and his student) on the day of his perpetual profession, 15 August 2000 |

No comments:
Post a Comment