One of the joys of my association with other Salesian Scholars (that is, with those who study the writings and sprit of St Francis de Sales and the whole tradition that is born with him) has been to introduce this branch of scholarship and this circle of scholars to other members of the Salesian Family (of Don Bosco). A few years ago I was able to introduce Eunan Mcdonnell to the group, and this year he will be giving the keynote.
| Fr John Graden OSFS with Fr Eunan Mcdonnell SDB |
This year I have succeeded in interesting Paolo Mojoli of the Venetian province, and he has received funding from the Università di Padova to participate in our scholars seminar. How cool is that.
| Don Paolo on the banks of the Niagara River |
As in other years, I've come early because I will meet with other members of the board of DeSales Resources and Ministries tomorrow. However this afternoon I was able to show Paolo around the area with a hike down to the Niagara River. He seems to be enjoying everything, and his English seems to be good enough to be able to participate. In any case, it is a breakthrough to have a young scholar, and a European, participate with us -- added bonus for me is that he is a son of Don Bosco.
No comments:
Post a Comment