| Stella Niagara, site of the Salesian Scholars Symposium |
Five weeks from now the Scholar's Symposium takes place in Stella Niagara. This year's theme is "love in the Treatise on the Love of God."
For me, I've not yet put together something for the Niagara conference, but I must do so quickly just to be able to be at the table really. Over the past three years I've been involved in the preparation for the 200th anniversary of St John Bosco's birth (16 August 2015), and during this year I have facilitated 9 week-long retreats among different Salesian groups. That entailed preparing 20 conferences on Salesian themes, half of which were presented with powerpoint. There has not been much on Francis de Sales, but much on Don Bosco's style of Salesian pastoral outreach and/or spirituality. Now it is a matter of converting these into articles from hour-long live presentations. Luckily I speak in footnotes, so I think I'll come up with something.
No comments:
Post a Comment