Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Had to do it finally

My third visit to Dr Gary Hale in five weeks -- two more fillings (instead of the originally planned 4). The visit began with the doctor's assistant making casts of my teeth so that the famous night-guard can be made for me. I will have to return next week for that piece. Then the work on drilling and fillings. The pain killer (with the disinfectant tasting like piña coledas) did its trick. I had no idea what the doctor was doing in my mouth. I just tried to comply as best I could, mourning the fact that now, at age 59, I have fillings for the first time. Still, I did not have time to think about that. My preoccupation was not to choke while he was working on me.

The trip to and from the dental office was made pleasant by the podcasts of Vatican Radio. They are transmitting some wonderful programs for the start of Lent. I'm so pleased by the iPod technology which allows me to have this immediate contact with Italy with the daily downloads of mp3 files. This was something unheard of even 5 years ago. Now it is part of my daily experience.

So, my Roma bocca della verità is a mouth (bocca) that is materially a little far from Roma and host to six fillings…

No comments: