Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Better news; better mood

Made my return visit to Doctor Khun Huang this morning. The analysis of my blood yielded more favorable results than last August, but varies with that of October. My blood sugar is slightly up over October, but low compared to August. The bad cholesterol is down respect to both August and October, and the good cholesterol is up (for the first time in a year). But I am still on the borderline for diabetes, or pre-diabetes.

The medication that I have been taken has left me weak, do Dr Khun is putting me on a new prescription. Now I just have to find a pharmacy, since my favourite place, Elephant Pharm, closed down a month ago.

Throughout the day I have gotten encouragement from friends. Terence, my former student, who has a similar condition, put it into words: “This is great news!! Coping with Diabetes means knowing about it!!”

All in all, it is good news and I am in a better mood tonight than I have been all month.

No comments: