Today I left Detroit and made my return to the Bay Area -- United Airlines to San Francisco International (SFO), and then the BART to Berkeley. United took me from Detroit to Chicago, but there we were delayed departing from Chicago due to complications in loading cargo on to the jet. We were 50 minutes late arriving at SFO. That did not bother me. I had no deadlines to meet.
As happened to me last week on my return from Dublin, the BART experienced delay due to debris on the tracks somewhere around the Mission district stations. Well, I had a book to read and so got two extra chapters in, thanks to the delays.
The hike up the hill from the BART was interesting: Berkeley is starting to repopulate with summer students. There were guitar players at the BART entrance and in different street corners, and a lot of youthful excitement in the air. I watched and listened as I walked, and I was rather smiling as I made it to the last climb up Leconte Avenue.
Home again… and now I look forward to a July without heavy commitments!
Hmm… well, one can always wish.
No comments:
Post a Comment