Friday, September 15, 2006

No news - is it good?



The blood tests were on Monday, as well as the visit to the dentists. I returned to the dentist on Wednesday for teeth cleaning, but since it has been about two decades (what???) since I've been to the dentist, there was a lot of tarter buildup. The hygenist, a sweet little lady from Jakarta, could only get the lower teeth cleaned. I need to go back in October to do the top rack of teeth. Sorrily, insurance won't cover two visits within a six-month period.

My mouth was sore for two days, but today I'm fine. I've also managed to keep up my 40 minute power walking.

Now it is Friday. I have not heard from my doctor Kun Huang concerning the results of the blood tests. Could it be that I'm back in the normal range? Does she only call when things are worrisome? Maybe I'll ring her on Monday. Still, I've begun to notice some progress. My morning walks give me more energy during the day and I'm not so weary in the hill climbing. Two weeks ago I had to buy a new belt, because I had come down two notches.

Two weeks ago I still had the weight, although I was thiner. Those who do exercise regularly say that building muscle keeps on weight, but that it is lean and not fat. So, even though I had come down two notches, I was weighing in at 195 lbs (On 9 July I weighed 200 at the doctor's office).

Yesterday I came down another notch on the belt… and today I weighed in at 186 lbs. Whoa! That's finally a breakthrough. I celebrated by having two cookies for dessert tonight! Okay, okay… bad move. Tomorrow I'll go back to no baked goods! And while I'm happy that I'm down by 14 lbs (1 stone), I hope to lose at least another 16 before November. That will put me closer to what is said to be the average weight of someone who is 5'8" tall.

But this is a stupid thing to be blogging about… When I get back to Rome, however, I want to be a bit smaller than I've been lately. It will make it easier to travel on the buses and the metro!

No comments: