This blog began when in Rome in September 2005 for a research sabbatical. At the end of that academic year I returned to Berkeley but not for long. I now commute between Italy and California, teaching theology on two faculties. Contrary to popular belief, Rome is not so institutional, and Berkeley is not so radical. I blog impressions and reflections as I alternate living on the northside of the Eternal City and the northside of Cal … and perhaps on the outskirts of history.
Class blogs from Rome and Berkeley
Monday, September 04, 2006
Labor Day Crowd
Every year on Labor Day the Salesian Community in Berkeley hosts a barbecue for the Salesians and Salesian Sisters of the Bay Area. This year was no exception. About 48 people came over for the afternoon. Of course that meant that the community members were all working from early in the morning to get things ready, and then continued after the guest left to put everything back in order. Even with the smoke of the barbecue still clinging to everything in the house, we'll start classes bright and early tomorrow morning. Yes, the Fall Term begins at ISS and at GTU… and Don Bosco Hall community is right in the midst of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment