The busy days are upon me (but what else is new?). I arrived at the Salesian Pontifical University in Rome on Saturday evening and on Monday I was already meeting with students… On Tuesday I began teaching the new courses of the new semester. The three courses that I have been asked to teach are completely different courses from what I have been teaching at DSPT/GTU this term, so I am catching up on class preparation.
At this point I still do not have the final list of students enrolled in each course. The registration continues all this week and as soon as the names are all entered in the main computer of the registrar's office, the professors will be able to access those names online. However, it is nice to know that I have only two classrooms this year (as opposed to five classrooms last year). It is also easier to set up my laptop for powerpoint when I need to do so.
So far, the weather has been very warm… well, quite hot really, and very sunny. That should give plenty of opportunity for exercise, and if I ever catch up on the getting my notes printed up for the students, I will definitely start my program of brisk walking. For now, all my energy is going into getting the term underway.
That sounds funny for someone who started seeing students at the end of August and who has already put in 6 weeks of a semester before arriving in Rome… but my feeling is that everything that I was doing in Berkeley last week really feels like something that I been doing in a galaxy long, long ago and far, far away.
No comments:
Post a Comment