Following up on what was said yesterday, here are photos of the box that contains the relics of Don Bosco, which is placed within the chest cavity of the statue of Saint John Bosco.
This box contains the relics of Don Bosco's right hand. It is sealed and labeled with an official notice by the Archbishop of Torino.
This photo documents the sealing of the relics in the silver box, with the official seals of the Archdiocese of Torino.
This blog began when in Rome in September 2005 for a research sabbatical. At the end of that academic year I returned to Berkeley but not for long. I now commute between Italy and California, teaching theology on two faculties. Contrary to popular belief, Rome is not so institutional, and Berkeley is not so radical. I blog impressions and reflections as I alternate living on the northside of the Eternal City and the northside of Cal … and perhaps on the outskirts of history.
No comments:
Post a Comment