Saturday, February 21, 2009

Angela's wedding 1

Today we celebrated the wedding of my niece Angela Boenzi with Thomas Higuera. The nuptial mass took place at St Dominic Savio Church in Bellflower (where Angela and her brother and sister and both parents were baptized). As uncle, I presided at the mass and witnessed the vows. I had to contain my joy lest I choke at any minute.

The reception was held in Buena Park.

There would be a lot to say, but I will just post photographs for now, each one worth (of course) a thousand words.

Boenzi women converge at St Dominic Savio for the wedding of Angela Boenzi and Tom Higuera: L-R Barbara Boenzi (wife of Dom), Concetta Boenzi (widow of John and grandmother of the bride), Rose Boenzi Mauro (widow of Carmen), Louise Boenzi (widow of Dominic).

Tom and his best man wait patienty for the arrival of the bride Angela.

Mario walks his daughter Angela into the Church, to "give her away" to Tom.

The moment of the exchange of vows.

My line was: "Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present to you Mr and Mr Thomas Higuera." And this translated into the unstated but intended cue: "You may kiss the bride."


More photos will follow as soon as I have them.

No comments: