Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Travel setbacks tire but do not discourage

The return trip to San Francisco was as eventful as the trip to St Paul. With delays, mechanical failures, weather systems, re-routing, I arrived in San Francisco on Tuesday at 11.00. I had received a message to make a call to the Salesian provincial office in San Francisco upon my arrival, which I did from the Red Carpet United Lounge. After that little piece of business, I left the SFO United Terminal and took the light rail train (BART) home, arriving in my house after 13.00 in the afternoon. I think that I will either do a painting about all that happened or write a ballad.

Reflecting on the events of the weekend, I have remained very satisfied. It is great that our DSPT president Fr Michael Sweeney was able to speak to the assembly with the keynote on Sunday morning. I kept thinking of his talk all during my travels yesterday and today. What he says makes SOOOO much sense, and it does lift us (as Church) out of the controversial and into the practical side of things. It is an invitation to again look forward as we collaborate and work for unity. It is so John the Twenty-thirdish in orientation. Most challenging and most consoling at the same time.

Michael Sweeney's talk was the finale of a great Salesian Conference. I felt so good after the whole Conference this weekend it that no amount of airline woes could undo my sense of joy.

Having said this, I will also note that after I got home, I took a nap and slept from before 14.00 to after 18.00. What time zone am I in??? Ah, Pacific Daylight! Perfect!!!

No comments: