Monday, August 18, 2008

Happy thoughts let you fly

Here I am at LAX, using some time online and attending to some details for the new semester while I await my flight for San Francisco. The flight is on "flow control alert", which is a new category for me, but it means that the air traffic controllers in SFO are delaying departures… So I do not know when I will arrive. The flight was originally scheduled for 11.00, and then it was pushed to 11.45, and then to 12.00… and now it is slated for 13.00. As I have been doing all year, it is safer for me just to take the BART from SFO to Berkeley because the arrival times are not dependable, so there is no need to hold up anyone else.

Last night after dinner I watched the DVD called HOOK with Dustin Hoffman and Robin Williams. I've seen it before (in Italian) and it a thought-provoker as are most of Robin William's films. So as I sit in the airport, instead of getting irritated, I am thinking of some of the movie themes and messages. I've come away with this: sunshine and happy thoughts!

Happy thoughts allow us to fly (cf. Tinkerbell to Peter Pan) and happy memories give us power that protects us (cf. Remus Lupin to Harry Potter). Hooo!!!!

1 comment:

don wim said...

Hi,

sono io, probably the english is still better. Hope you are well. I went to the WYD. And afterwards we went to the snowy mountains. WHere we did some skiing, and yes, I did it. Returned home withe some crutches. Left one again. But now we are all right.

wim