Monday, January 14, 2008

Plumbing problems

Over this weekend I had opted to work in my bedroom instead of in my office. I noticed that the shower continues to leak, and from the wet marks on the wall in the bedroom, my hunch is that the pipe is broken inside the wall.

I had reported this in early December, but the maintenance staff thought that it was the cracks between the tiles, and had put in another layer of grout. Of course, I would shower in the morning and leave the room by 6.25 not to return until 20.30 in the evening. I never saw the wetness in the wall, therefore, because by that late hour the wall was dry. The plaster continued to peel, but the maintenance staff said that this would happened, so I did not suspect anything.

Okay - so I reported this to Fr Giuseppe Corò, who works in the financial offices and is in charge of hospitality and plant management. He gave me a key to another room across the hall. Since I had to teach a double period this afternoon, I did not have time to make the move… I'll do it now and sleep in the new room.

Hmmm… An in Berkeley before I came away to Rome there was a leak from the shower in the wall of my bathroom too. If there were an insignia for such an occurrence, I could make a logo and put it on my letterhead.

No comments: