That's okay. Right not California needs the rain!
This blog began when in Rome in September 2005 for a research sabbatical. At the end of that academic year I returned to Berkeley but not for long. I now commute between Italy and California, teaching theology on two faculties. Contrary to popular belief, Rome is not so institutional, and Berkeley is not so radical. I blog impressions and reflections as I alternate living on the northside of the Eternal City and the northside of Cal … and perhaps on the outskirts of history.
Class blogs from Rome and Berkeley
Monday, February 26, 2007
Raining down the blossoms
When I left for school early this morning there was a bit of a drizzle… I had my umbrella, but didn't need it. Once I got to my office the heavens opened, and the downpour continued furious and cold right through the morning. When I went to teach my course on ecclesial movements at 11:00, it was still pouring.
Rain is good for the earth, good for the California water table, and good for my capacity to study. I get more done on a rainy day than when the sun is shining… and so it is today. Since class, I've been able to sort through a number of projects and put things in order. But when I came out of the class and back to my office, I noticed that the sidewalks were littered with blossoms that had been rained off the trees. I wonder what this will do for Spring when if finally comes.
That's okay. Right not California needs the rain!
That's okay. Right not California needs the rain!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment