
Okay, so here I am again, at the Visitation Monastery in St Louis. I'm here to do a retreat with the sisters as they prepare for the annual renewal of the vows. The renewal takes place on the feast of the Presentation every year.
To come here I had to cancel one of my classes with the Church history group… but I had agreed to help the sisters with this last Spring. They had called it a weekend, and of course I didn't realize that it was a weekend that extended into Monday. Even so, it seems to have gone well.
I've also learned more about the girls who frequent the school of the Visitation here, and of their projects for outreach into the community. Some of the older sisters who no longer teach are most active with these girls in these volunteer projects. The young people seem most responsive; the sisters are most hopeful that the best Christian values are transmitted through these experiences among the poor and needy of St Louis.
Well, it is Sunday afternoon. I have one more conference and a homily tomorrow morning, and I had better get my ideas together for this.
No comments:
Post a Comment