
Had my third visit to the Doctor in a week's time. Seems my blood sugar is high, and that the cholesterol is high too. Less carbohydrates, then (because I don't eat sweets), and less meat (but I already eat little in the way of meat), and more exercise. My doctor, Dr Kun Huang, has outlined a little program for me in terms of diet and exercise for the next two months, and then we'll see where this goes. I'm just below borderline diabetic.
Hmm… This is all a new development over last year. Was it all the pasta in Rome? Or is this part of the usual Boenzi/Iovinelli scenario? There are diabetics in my family history, afterall, beginning with my grandmother and all my uncles. So I'm not surprised. This is something I've been expecting since I was seven years old, if truth be told.
Dad was not diabetic of course, but then he was always trim. I'm not. I need to lose some pounds. Maybe this is the time to stop playing around.
[Photo of the Boenzi Family on 31 January 1946… my diabetic grandmother Josephine (Giuseppina) is in front with my grandfather Joseph (Giuseppe) who suffered from enlarged heart (not to mention Parkinsons in later life)]
No comments:
Post a Comment