During this week I have attended a couple of faculty department meetings -- and another one later today. My personal resolution was to simply keep my mouth shut, but I find that I have less patience now than I used to, and so as the discussion became involved, I would blurt out my own opinons (also because there does not seem to be a way to orderly invoke the faculty's contributions as the chair tends to dominate).
So have I become impatient at this time of my life? I have begun to think so, but this may not be true. When I reflect back, I realize that I never had patience. Perhaps I was more timid in the past. Now I just speak up and don't really care what the others think. Truth needs to be spoken and heard. If no one acts on it, that doesn't bother me so much any more: at least they have heard it.
No comments:
Post a Comment