Left the UPS this morning at 6.45. Jarek took Aldo Giraudo and I to the airport. Aldo has been doing Salesian input in Spain, Belgium and northern Italy since Christmas… this was another one of his trips. Had to report to a new terminal, reserved for flights to Israel and the USA for the increased security. Once there, however, I cleared security very rapidly.
On my same flight was Archbishop Angelo Amato, who had been dean of the theology school of the UPS when I was the student representative, back in the day. He was traveling to Notre Dame in business class… but I managed to greet him when we were moving toward the line to go aboard.
The flight went well from Roma to Washington… but then my luggage never arrived in the immigration clearing area, and I had to wait there for two hours before United found my luggage so as to clear customs. When I got into the terminal at Washington Dulles, my flight was already boarding.
The flight was uneventful. I spent most of the time reading rather than watching any films. At my arrival in Los Angeles, I collected my luggage and rented a car to drive to teh Boenzi home in Bellflower. An hour of visiting with my mother… and to bed, where I'm now sitting as I enter this data. Lots to say in the next few days, but at this moment I just want to say that this Roman chapter is finished. I will be back in Berkeley in few days to pick up again, teaching theology in English at DSPT, ISS and the GTU… once I get over the jetlag.
Ah… to sleep… perchance to dream.
No comments:
Post a Comment