Friday, October 26, 2007

Computer burnout!


My little powerbook MAC laptop has gone through a major crash. It happened on Wednesday after I taught my first class.

Luckily, I had made a backup disk of my documents when I arrived in Rome but I had not made a backup of my photos and music files. I attempted to go to the Mac labs yesterday, but the rain became intense. My friend, Marco Bay, lent me his extra laptop, ant that is what I am using now. After downloading my work files, I have had to scramble to find everything. My applications are for Mac, however, and do not work on the PC so a lot of material (bibliographies, bible referencing, music files, aol) is in cold storage.

Amid these trials and tribulations on Wednesday, I began teaching my courses. My 3-unit course on Francis de Sales has 25 in the class at masters level. I also have two other courses, one on foundations of Salesian spirituality for BA level, and one of leading themes of Salesian spirituality.

It is a very full program for me, and I have had little time to do other things since my arrival in the Eternal City. I have spent most of today working on getting the class notes in order to have them printed for the students in Italian and in English. I am doing all this on a borrowed PC with a keyboard that differs from what I normally use. Ai ai ai!

No comments: